Alswick Hall Farmhouse
Alswick Hall is situated on a hillside overlooking fields towards Buntingford in the former parish of Layston. It comprises a number of historic buildings dating to the late sixteenth and seventeenth centuries, as well as some modern farm buildings.
Brooks Murray were appointed to refurbish the house and dilapidating barn houses, which have since been converted to office units.
Alswick comprises a series of buildings dating from the 17th to 20th century including the main residence, Alswick Hall, and several farm buildings now part of Alswick Hall Estates. In 1951, Alswick Hall was registered as a Grade II listed building. There are three other associated historic farm buildings, also grade II listed; an aisled barn, a large barn and a stable.
Throughout the nineteenth century, Alswick Hall was occupied by a series of tenant farmers. The house was recorded as in a poor state of repair at the turn of the twentieth century, until it came into the ownership of Mr and Mrs Fry in the 1940s. The couple restored the building to its black and white Tudor style which is still seen today.